I allow myself one cheat meal per week. Ever had one and it wasn’t even good?! I ordered 2 things this weekend. 1st one, blah, threw it away. Let’s try this again, spot #2. Really! The chef doesn’t realize it’s MY reward time for doubles, boiled eggs & veggies all week?! So whadda you do? Clean ChEAT. 😉 Think outside the box about eating healthy. Adobo sauce, fresh lime juice, & paprika and greek yogurt as my “cheese sauce & sour cream.” Baked sweet potato chips, loaded w/ fresh cilantro, tomatoes, scallions and a sprinkle of Queso Fresco.
Sweet Potato Nachos with Chipotle “Cheese Sauce” and Queso Fresco
2 large sweet potatoes
1 tablespoon olive oil
14 oz. can of black beans, drained.
Grape Tomatoes, halved
1/4 c. Crumbled Queso Fresco for topping
6 oz. of 2% or Fat-Free Greek Yogurt (I love Fage)
2 tbs. of Chipotle Adobo Sauce (canned)
2 tsp. Liquid Smoke
Juice of 1 lime
1 tbs. Honey or 1 tsp. Stevia
1/4 tsp. salt, more to taste
1. Preheat the oven to 225 degrees F. Spray baking tray(s) with non-stick cooking spray.
2. Wash and dry the sweet potato.
3. Using a mandoline (my preference) or a sharp knife and slice the sweet potato thin.
4. In a large bowl, toss them with olive oil and salt.
5. Place the chips in a single layer on a baking sheet. Don’t overcrowd the trays or stack the slices, this will prevent them from getting crispy.
6. Bake for 9-12 min. Turning once halfway. Cooking time will depend on the thickness of your slices so please do keep a close eye on them so that they do not burn.
7. While the slices are cooking prep the rest of your ingredients. Combine all the ingredients of the Chipotle Cream and set aside. Chop the cilantro & scallions.
8. Let chips cool completely. Pile on a plate.
9. Top with scallions, cilantro, black beans, tomatoes. Drizzle chipotle cream over chips.
10. Serve immediately.